Contract position: Business Analyst needed for a long term contract in Houston TX. This person will join a team specializing in business optimization projects. While there may be some system components to the projects, this is NOT an IT project manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in an industrial or field environment and have exposure to projects in EHS, Business process improvement, training, asset management and future state mapping. Responsibilities for the Business Analyst
Requirements for the Business Analyst
- Indirect report to the Project Manager to assist with project scope definition and provide business analysis support throughout the project lifecycle.
- May assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Strong writing skills to prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitations, and training content.
- Ability to translate business information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel
- Coordinate and participate in UAT and testing activities.
- Can act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business, as needed (e.g. pipeline integrity, facility integrity, asset management, work management, compliance, etc.)
- Business Analyst certification, related degree and/or a minimum of 10 years related experience within the oil and gas industry
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.