Contract position: Telecom construction firm is seeking a Fiber Construction Inspector in the Irvine, CA area. The inspector will be responsible for onsite inspection, warehouse inventory, strand mapping and working with other utility firms. . Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of construction inspection experience and preferably experience within telecom, wireless or fiber optic cable construction. Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
- Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
- Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
- Make ready and post construction rides with other utilities
- 2+ years of construction inspection experience. Experience with telecom, wireless or fiber construction preferred.
- AA degree or High School diploma
- Very strong computer skills. Should be very capable of working with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.