Permanent position: Excellent heavy industry manufacturer in the Charleston area is looking for a hands on Process Improvement Engineer. Organizational expert and catalyst for continuous improvement: propose, sponsor and lead projects that will improve product performance, reduce costs, improve yields, or reduce cycle time through using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools such as DMAIC, SPC, Design of Experiments, and Failure mode effect analysis (FMEA). Excellent growth opportunity. Hands on background. Excellent benefits: 401K , extremely low rates for health, dental, vision; tuition reimbursement; vacation, holiday pay, bonus, and relocation paid if needed.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Drive process improvement through various tools, methodologies, techniques.
- Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
- Verifies and applies narrow ranges for optimum process.
- Reviews production and operating records and resolves technical processing issues.
- Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years in in a Process Improvement role with demonstrated examples of optimization, cost savings, etc.
- Experience in heavy industry preferred (steel, paper, chemical, foundry)
- Lean, Six Sigma exp.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.