Permanent position: Leading manufacturer is looking to hire a 3rd Shift Shipping and Receiving Supervisor. Hours are Monday-Thursday 7:45pm - 6:15am. This position will be located in the Evansville, IN area. Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement is required. 5% match on 401K, 3 weeks' vacation, relocation assistance if needed, career advancement, and monthly production bonuses. Leader in the industry and have 20+ plants across the US. Responsibilities for the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Requirements for the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Execute material replenishment processes that work with lean pull systems (Kan Ban) to maximize turns and availability according to customer
- Provides leadership and supervision to Shipping/Receiving and Material Handlers to ensure that material is processed promptly, consistent with Lean principles (one piece flow, 5S, Standard Work), stored appropriately, transacted properly and is at all times visible.
- Manages and updates inventory control systems.
- Supports and drives the conversion of MRP replenishment to Kan Ban in all cases where appropriate, leading to customer service and inventory plan objectives.
- Minimum 5 years in a Materials Management and/or Transportation capacity.
- Minimum 5 years Leadership role with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Solid Lean experience and skills
- 3 weeks' vacation, 6% shift differential, 5% annual bonus and 5% match on 401k. Paid overtime
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.