Permanent position: Estimator needed for a full time role in Decatur AL. This person will support current and future capital and expense projects. This will primarily consist of small to medium projects in the areas of capacity growth, environmental compliance, plant reliability, plant availability and plant efficiency. Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Responsible for development and standardization of conceptual estimating process for AACE Class 5 (conceptual), 4 (feasibility) and primarily 3 (control) project estimates
- Prepares all estimates in support of the project stage gate process. Deliver accurate estimates.
- Creates and refines standard estimating template & estimate basis documents for clear communication of total project costs to project teams and plant leadership
- Quantifies and communicates cost risks within project estimates to project managers, site leadership and company leadership
- Develops and maintains key estimating assumptions for both Engineering & Construction.
- Benchmark project estimates against historical and industry data and internal/external indices
- Experience on projects valued up to 15M
- A related Technical diploma, such as Construction Management or Building Construction
- 5 years of relevant experience in estimating
- Experience in field construction and/or EPC contractor a plus. Petrochemical or Chemical industry experience preferred, but will consider other heavy industries such as Paper, Steel, etc.
- Should possess a working knowledge of estimating software such as Aspen, Timberline, etc.
- Previous relevant experience in developing Class 5, 4 and 3 level estimates a plus
- Capital Project experience a plus
- Professional estimating certification, such as AACE International, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.