Permanent position: Mechanical Design Engineer needed at leading company located near St. Simons, GA. This is a direct hire role with good benefits. Lump sum relocation assistance for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design and development of various mechanical or plastic systems, structures and components.
- Selection of material and manufacturing method for metal and plastic parts
- Revise/review and create Functional Specifications
- Revise/review and create Engineering Design Standards Develop Design Packaging Layouts.
- Create and maintain DFMEAs and create test and analysis plans for Product Validation.
- Perform Tolerance Studies on Components and Assemblies. Development and Release ofEngineering Component and Assembly Drawings.
- Perform cross functional design reviews and Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design forManufacturing (DFM)
- BS in engineering preferred
- 2+ years experience working primarily product design, preferably outdoor power equipment, agriculture, or automotive.
- Experience with the design of plastic parts preferred
- Track record of translating program objectives into innovative design solutions
- Fluent in 2D and 3D software tools, PTC Creo or Solidworks preferred
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefit package including employer paid health insurancd
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.