Permanent position: Large manufacturer local to Detroit MI seeks a PROCESS ENGINEER to make process improvements on the production line as well as provide engineering expertise in solving technical process problems. You should be a good communicator and energetic, as this is a floor position in a loud environment. Join a large plant and a strong team, where you can feel the impact of your work and grow your career. Enjoy a yearly bonus, great benefits, and a relocation package if you're not local.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Make process improvements to the production line
- Provide engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Research alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements. Consult with colleagues, staff, or operating personnel to assure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions
- Analyze component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluate and recommend potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes
- BS Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET)- or similar. Equivalent experience to be considered.
- 2+ years' experience in process engineering out of a heavy industrial (steel, aluminum, pulp/paper), or heavy manufacturing (automotive etc) environment
- Strong innate troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to be on the plant floor
- Strong benefits including medical etc, retirement, tuition reimbursement, yearly bonus, and relocation package if needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.