Permanent position: Hub-Zone certified contractor specializing in technical and scientific services is in search of a scientist. Scientist will work with the NOAA-Office of Water Prediction staff at the National Water Center on the University of Alabama campus. Relocation assist is provided. Responsibilities for the Scientist
Requirements for the Scientist
- Analyze real-time flood forecast mapping techniques.
- Assess geospatial data sets and hydraulic parameter info used for mapping techniques.
- Help enhance and develop Geographic Information System (GIS Software).
- Collaborate with team members to determine gaps in workflows.
- Support exercises for evaluating flood mapping services.
- Bachelors in Engineering/Science related field.
- Knowledge of National Water Models operations.
- Background in hydrologic and geospatial science.
- Knowledge of how to utilize process -automation programs using python.
- Relocation assistance is provided.
- Health, Dental, Vision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.