Permanent position: Hub-Zone certified contractor specializing in technical and scientific services is in search of a Water Resource Engineer. Resource Engineer will work with the NOAA-Office of Water Prediction staff at the National Water Center on the University of Alabama campus. Relocation assist is provided. Responsibilities for the Environmental Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Engineer
- Analyze flood mapping techniques used by the National Weather Service.
- Assess geospatial data sets and hydraulic parameter info used for mapping techniques.
- Use ESRI GIS tools to process large data sets.
- Develop methods for workflows that produce flood mapping information.
- Bachelors in Engineering/Science related field.
- Background in freshwater or saltwater hydraulics.
- Backgorund in hydrologic geospatial data processing.
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling applications.
- Knowledge of how to utilize process -automation programs using python.
- Relocation assistance is provided.
- Health, Dental, Vision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.