Permanent position: A well-known manufacturer 20 miles southwest of Winston-Salem, NC, is seeking a tenured Automation Engineer to assist their team. This Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design, programming, simulation, testing and integrating of automated equipment and processes that will improve production, streamline the engineering team and cut costs. The ideal Automation Engineer candidate will have 3+ years of experience in automation, possess a positive and team-oriented attitude, have 2D and 3D design experience using SolidWorks or equivalent, and be willing to travel regionally approximately 20% of the time. Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right candidate. Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Integrate PLCs, motor control technologies and robotics.
- Design, test and make recommendations for automating specific manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers, industrial engineers and other team members to determine cost justification and ROI of plant initiatives.
- Utilize Solidwork to execute 2D and 3D designs.
- Travel to other plants in the region approximately 20% of the time.
- 3+ years of experience in the integration of PLCs, motion control technology and robotics.
- 2D and 3D design experience using SolidWorks (or equivalent software).
- Ability to collaborate with a team and remain positive at all times.
- Ability to travel regionally approximately 20% of the time.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- Life insurance and disability.
- Relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.