Contract position: We are searching for a Chemist to work in Midtown Atlanta, GA. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer based on performance. Responsibilities for the Chemist
Requirements for the Chemist
- Performs complex chemical analysis on raw ingredients intermediates beverage parts final products auxiliary materials and water.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Conduct inspection of the laboratory or laboratory procedures to ensure conformance to internal or external certification requirements and correct or eliminate process-related non-conformance items.
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling monitoring analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- This may include performing capability studies. Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, etc)
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Advanced analytical chemistry experience and the ability to integrate analytical chemistry techniques (e.g. GC, GC/MS and MS) to a broad range of problems.
- Previous experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Contractor benefits: Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.