Permanent position: A growing machinery company in Hot Springs, AR, is seeking a PLC Engineer to join their team. This PLC Engineer will travel 100% of the time throughout the South and Southeast (two weeks on, one week off). In this role, the PLC Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and installation of PLCs throughout the company's multiple locations in the South and Southeast. The ideal PLC Engineer candidate must have 5+ years of experience with PLC/Controls engineering, Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC/HMI experience, and PLC programming experience. Forestry or pulp/paper experience is strongly preferred. Again, this PLC Engineer will be expected to travel 100% of the time. This candidate will not be expected to relocate to Hot Springs as their work will be 100% travel. The ideal candidate will reside anywhere in the South or Southeast. Responsibilities for the PLC Engineer
Requirements for the PLC Engineer
- Load ladder logic and configure PLC hardware to customer specification.
- Troubleshoot and install sawmill equipment, such as conveyer belts, edger systems and cranes.
- Check for correct wiring of all interfaces to peripheral equipment.
- Travel 100% of the time to mills throughout the Southeast (two weeks on, one week off).
- PLC programming as needed.
- 5+ years of PLC installation, troubleshooting and programming experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time.
- AutoCAD and Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC/HMI experience.
- Forestry or pulp/paper background is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision.
- 401k with 4% match.
- 10 days PTO first year; 15 days PTO after first year. Paid holidays.
- Company credit card.
- Potential for upward mobility within the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.