Permanent position: A growing machinery company in Hot Springs, AR, is seeking a Controls Engineer to join their team. In this role, the Controls Engineer will be responsible for assisting with troubleshooting and services needed for the company's multiple locations in Arkansas as well as the rest of the Southeast. The Controls Engineer must have 3+ years of experience with PLC/controls engineering, Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC/HMI experience and AutoCAD experience. This Controls Engineer must be willing and able to travel 70% of the time. A BSEE, BSME or technical degree is strongly preferred. Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right Controls Engineer candidate. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Load ladder logic and configure PLC hardware. Interprets controls drawings and mechanical sequence and writes ladder logic to customer specification.
- Troubleshoot and serve sawmill equipment; examples include conveyer belts, edger systems and cranes.
- Check for correct wiring of all interfaces to peripheral equipment.
- Travel 70% of the time to mills throughout the Southeast.
- Improve technical skills through continuous training.
- 3+ years of PLC/Controls Engineering experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel 70% of the time.
- AutoCAD and Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC/HMI software experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision.
- 401k with 4% match.
- 10 days PTO first year; 15 days PTO after first year. Paid holidays.
- Company credit card.
- Potential for upward mobility within the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.