Contract position: A STructural Designer is needed for a company that produces and markets pet food, treats and litter in the St. Louis, MO area. This role will support the Structural Design of projects, as well as factory office projects. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Structural Designer
Requirements for the Structural Designer
- Prepare designs for factory offices and industrial factories. Produce structural designs per structural engineer's requirements.
- Produce steel framing and concrete foundation plans for buildings, stairs, platforms, and other steel structures. Select equipment, fittings, and other catalog items.
- Generate structural construction documents including drawings and designs in CAD/Revit.
- Perform QA reviews of work produced within the department to check for dimensional accuracy, feasibility of fabrication/construction, completeness and general presentation and guide others in how to correct any errors.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree or technical certificate in Design
- 5+ years of proficiency in Revit in a professional setting and ability to use AutoCAD, all in architectural design.
- Microsoft Excel and Work ability. Experience creating industrial structural construction drawings in Revit.
- Experience with wood frame, steel frame and concrete structures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.