Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Sales Engineer in the Troy, MI area. This person should be a strong, technical engineer and enjoys working with customers. They will work the client to assess overall scope of project, working with them through-out the engineering, design, construction, warranty etc... Responsibilities for the Sales Engineer
Requirements for the Sales Engineer
- Marketing and Market Analysis
- Customer Relations: Maintain contact with each plant's personnel (i.e. plant engineers and purchasing) on a monthly basis. Penetrate new customers and markets as required by company strategic plans.
- Project Bid Management: Attend pre-bid meetings or receive customer request for bid, Review and summarize key points for project scope, Report key points for bid to Technical Division, Assist in estimating or create estimate as required, Write proposal for estimate, Present proposal to customer, Attend clarification meeting, Cost /sell status of proposals/projects
- Project Support: Review contract documents, Track customer change orders as required per project, Perform sales/contract duties within TKS' ISO 9001:2000 guidelines
- After Sales Support: Coordinate and manage warranty claims, Manage spare parts orders for internal and external customers.
- Engineering degree (BS/BSE) required.
- 5-8 years' experience with construction, industrial equipment, engineering, and/or technical projects required. Industrial equipment and/or construction experience preferred. Paint finishing experience a plus. Automotive experience a plus.
- Candidate must be able to read and understand engineering drawings as well as customer specifications.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical proposals for complex projects with clear communication, including use of PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20%, mostly domestic with occasional international travel. Primarily same-day and 1-overnight trips.
- Dynamic, respectful environment within a multidisciplinary team; Stable client base you will manage from project conception to commissioning, opportunity to grow both your sales and engineering skills on complex projects,
- Competitive pay, superior benefits, including platinum health care, generous 401(k) match, paid time off and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.