Contract position: Our client in Monrovia CA is looking for a CAD Administrator to direct the continued development of engineering personnel by managing all processes that involve the use of the CAD software within the company. Responsibilities for the Cad Manager
Requirements for the Cad Manager
- The position will be responsible to define CAD drafting standards, write the relevant documentation to facilitate the use of CAD software, Manage PDM & Vault, define drawing and model formats and maintain revision control.
- Insures adherence to CAD related procedures and will manage all software upgrades. As resident expert in the use of SolidWorks, train new employees in use of companies Drawing Standards and provide CAD support to employees when required.
- Direct the cleanup and conversion of older Inventor and Auto Cad files. Implement Best Practices to maintain all CAD file directories.
- Ensure that Bill of Materials are accurate between Quick Books and CAD assemblies. Assist in the supervision of CAD designers and Engineering interns.
- Minimum of two (2) year Technical / Drafting education with more than 5 years of Design/Drafting experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Solidworks & PDM management Minimum 5 years' engineering experience within a preferably metal fabrication environment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project management/supervisory in an engineering environment. Experienced in ANSI Y14, GD&T Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) required Knowledge of production planning, scheduling and machine shop operations Working knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.