Permanent position: Our client is looking to add a Design/Checker to their team in the Peoria, IL area. This Design/Checker will be responsible to assure that all drawings and designs adhere to client standards in design, drafting, and manufacturing practices. This is a direct hire opportunity, some travel might be involved and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Checker
Requirements for the Checker
- Prioritize and manage the drawing packages to check based on Engineering Release date requirments or ECN priority and effect on in-process jobs in manufacturing.
- Review drawings to ensure compliance with client design, drafting, and manufacturing practices.
- Review electronic drawing files and design 3D models for compliance to Kress guidelines and practices.
- Review designs for manufacturability and to assure use of existing parts where possible.
- Consult with Engineering personnel for drawing corrections and suggested design changes for decrease in cost, material changes, manufacturability, etc.
- Review engineering changes to ensure compliance with client design, drafting, and manufacturing practices.
- Review ECN notices to ensure correctness of documented drawing changes, priority, and any necessary disposition or rework of parts or assemblies.
- Participate in failure analysis of returned customer failed parts or assemblies and determining required actions for any design improvements.
- Participate in review of components of customer assemblies to be rebuilt and help determine what components can be used as-is, reworked, or replaced.
- Must have a minimum of a Technical School Certificate.
- 1-3 years of Design experience in a Heavy Industrial or Manufacturing environment is required.
- Ideal candidate will possess strong math and analytical geometry skills.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of dimension & tolerance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.