Permanent position: Randstad currently seeks a Lean Manufacturing/Process Improvement Engineer with strong analytical skills and deep manufacturing process orientation. Should have Expertise in Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement methodologies (i.e. set-up reduction, pull/kanban system implementation, value stream mapping, etc.) Proven success applying various Lean process to achieve goals for increased capacity, volume, and revenue. Travel varies depending on projects; Roughly 50% Travel.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Planning, coordination, and execution of LEAN/Sigma projects.
- Assist in teaching Lean/Six Sigma principles to production employees; train others in use of tools and methodologies as part of project execution.
- Develop metrics to successfully track improvement.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to achieve Kaizen objectives.
- Work with Process Engineers to standardize Operating Procedures (Work Instructions); increase workflow efficiencies.
- Conduct Lean / Six Sigma activities and support and mentor Lean / Six Sigma Coordinators and Facilitators while working collaboratively with management, supervisors and individual coordinators
- Create a learning environment that encourages employees to feel personally conscious of quality improvement and internal and external customer focus. Work as part of a larger group to update and align educational methods and curriculum.
- Analyze and resolve problems through the use of Lean, Statistical Process Control and Theory of Constraints. Foster the use of scientific problem-solving using facts and data, problem solving, value stream mapping, standardized work, visual management, and leader standard work.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required. plus 6+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from an accredited organization. Black Belt preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.