Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Operations Manager. This position is located near Muskegon, Michigan. The Operations Manager must obtain a Bachelors Degree and have a strong leadership background in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. This position will oversee a team of 50+ employees and report directly to the Plant Manager. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $90K to $125K, plus an opportunity for bonus. Local candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
Requirements for the Operations Manager
- Analyze department performance, prepare reports, assist with department metrics, and take action as necessary to optimize throughput and efficiency
- Track manufacturing and production metrics i.e. labor, fixed costs, variable costs
- Implement practices and procedures to control and improve metrics
- Must have a BA Degree
- Must have leadership experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment, metals background is preferred
- Must have a background in lean manufacturing, six sigma principles, and capital project oversight
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $90K to $125K, plus an opportunity for bonus
- PTO, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.