Permanent position: High Voltage Electrical Technician: Fortune 200 steel producer seeks to hire a High Voltage Electrical Tech for their greenfield plant currently under construction. This role is primarily, but not limited to, safely installing, commissioning, operating, and maintaining the Micro-Mill high and medium voltage equipment. Safety is the most important part of all jobs within our company, therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following; provide oversite of all high and medium voltage areas during construction and commissioning; developing and implementing Predictive, Preventative, and Corrective maintenance programs and practices; Training the maintenance team.
- Once equipment is installed and commissioned, the HV Tech will focus on ensuring the desired level of reliability at the lowest cost by driving continuous improvement in operations and maintenance.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs ; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Direct experience with installing, commissioning, operating, and/or maintaining high and medium voltage equipment
- PREFERRED Qualifications below:
- Electrical Engineer, Power Engineer, or similar engineering degree
- Knowledge of and experience with configuring and testing protective relays.
- Knowledge and experience with components, controls, and functions of medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Knowledge of and experience with installing, maintaining, & troubleshooting, distribution transformers and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience with installing, maintaining, repairing, & troubleshooting high voltage switches, disconnects, & buss-work.
- Knowledge of and experience with NFPA70E safety and equipment policies and practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with grounding grids, devices, and equipment.
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.