Contract position: Electrical Designer needed at leading company located in New York, NY. This is an excellent temp to hire opportunity. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Electrical Designer
Requirements for the Electrical Designer
- Design and engineering of a security project drawing set based on the project specifications, scope of work and equipment list to deliver a fully functional and innovated security system.
- Design and develop a point to point wiring table for each project.
- Perform site surveys via hand sketches, photos and notes to update the project drawings if required.
- Directly work with Project Managers during project Design & Installation.
- Responsible for the accuracy of installation drawings for projects from $10,000 to $5,000,000.
- Integral part of a security system designing and engineering team.
- Read & analyze project specifications & drawings.
- Design and calculate electrical requirements, voltage drops, conduit fill and Power Consumptions.
- 2+ years of relevant electrical design experience using Revit
- 2 year technical college course in CAD design, engineering or electronics preferred.
- Past experience with design of network systems such as building systems, fire systems, security systems, video systems or similar industries will be considered
- Conduit coordination experiencre
- Understanding of architectural standards, design & drafting a plus.
- Understanding of network standards, design & drafting a plus.
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.