Permanent position: Global leader of irrigation and drainage products is currently in search for a Director of Operations and Quality to lead the function for the Commercial and Consumer Products Strategic Business Units. The successful candidate will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to SBU management. The Director of Operations and Quality will be responsible for reporting on, and driving improvement in key metrics of the customer experience, including return rates and chargebacks, as well as qualitative customer feedback. Ensure new products in development are on track to meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure action on the voice of the customer.Responsibilities for the Director
Requirements for the Director
- Coordinate the development and implementation of strategic plans for the business units that target market share growth by exceeding customer expectations.
- Working with all manufacturing facilities, ensure the SBU-driven quality and operations expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which product and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Manage and improve business operations processes, such as demand planning/sales forecasting.
- Report on, and drive improvement in key metrics of the customer experience, including return rates and chargebacks, as well as qualitative customer feedback. Ensure new products in development are on track to meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure action on the voice of the customer.
- As the lead advocate for outstanding customer experience, drive product and service improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Draw on own experience and insights to identify and lead new initiatives to improve the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years' experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- A strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Six Sigma and/or other related quality disciplines such as Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, Supplier Quality Assurance etc.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Prior P&L, and general management experience
- New product development management experience
- Irrigation industry experience
- Proficiency in Spanish or another foreign language
- Industry leading comprehensive compensation plan. Bonus, 401k match, excellent company provided benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.