Contract position: Engineering client is looking for both a Staff-level Mechanical Designer AND a Staff-level Mechanical Detailer for their Alpharetta, GA office. Qualified candidates will have 3-12+ years of AutoCAD Plant 3D experience. Additional proficiency with the following CAD packages would be great alongside Plant 3D software: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, or Revit. *** rate is commensurate with experience ***Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Plan & prepare detailed mechanical designs in support of aviation & airport fueling projects
- Apply basic formulas, principles and practices to prepare mechanical designs for fueling systems at: major airports; military bases; transport truck and car rental facilities; marine loading facilities; pipeline terminals; truck loading facilities; and commercial gasoline stations
- Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations on project of substantial variety and complexity
- Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines
- You need 3-12 years of experience as a Mechanical Designer/Detailer
- Previous related consulting experience preferred for Commercial or Military Fuel Systems, Oil & Gas, Water/Wastewater, or Industrial Systems projects that include detailing or designing Piping, Pumps, Filter Vessels, Valving/Valves, etc.
- Must be proficient with Plant 3D and ideally also with one or more of the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Microstation, or Revit
- An AS or BS degree in Drafting, CAD Certificate or similar is preferred
- Comprehensive Contractor Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.