Permanent position: Electrical Controls Technician opportunity is NOW Available in the Charleston, SC area. This position will serve as a technical resource and automation lead working with collaborative team of engineers, designers, and project managers to deliver energy efficient and enhanced process performance products to public and private sector clients. Control Systems Engineering and PLC/HMI programming is required. Apply today for this Great opportunity in scenic Charleston, SC!Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Technicians develop PLC application monitoring and control software (Allen-Bradley), perform startup and testing, and provide training to customers
- Previous experience with programming of various Rockwell Automation software packages is required.
- Assist in control system design, testing, equipment commissioning, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing and factory acceptance testing (FAT).
- Work with a multidiscipline group of engineers, designers, and drafters on projects, with a demonstrated commitment to successful project delivery. Project administration duties include writing technical reports, reviewing bid specifications for compliance, drafting proposals/correspondence, tracking project costs.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 30% of the time on average.
- Associates Degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering with electrical skills/interest.
- Must have knowledge and experience with PLC hardware and programming software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon).
- Experience in mechanical design and field support of mechanical equipment.
- Company offers Benefits to include Medical, Dental, PTO, and 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.