Contract position: Mechanical Engineer needed in Jackson MI. The successful candidate will act as a gas systems design/project engineer with knowledge of applicable mechanical codes, standards, practices, design, and analysis methods. Experience should include gas compression facilities and equipment, writing technical specifications, and performing bid evaluations for equipment, consulting, and construction services.This is a long term contract assignment with per diem for qualified candidates. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Planning, design, construction, and maintenance of gas compressor stations.
- Provide engineering design for the successful execution of projects supporting gas compression facilities applying advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the mechanical engineering discipline and related sciences.
- Lead project teams, including coordination of vendors, suppliers, engineers and construction contractors in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Analyze facility operating problems, making independent decisions on engineering problems and methods, and representing the organization in meetings to resolve important issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, will consider other engineering degrees with relevant experience.
- 7+ years experience in power plant and/or gas piping design
- Preferred Knowledge of Tools/Software/Codes Tools/Software: CAESARII, Mathcad, ANSYS Codes: Michigan Gas Safety Standard, ASME, API, NFPA
- Knowledge and/or experience in utility operations
- Gas Compression Facility Experience (preferred)
- Gas system specific experience including knowledge of MGSS and other applicable codes will set the candidate apart.
- PE preferred
- PTO time
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.