Contract position: A leading provider of forklifts and other materials handling equipment in Kentucky seeking experienced Packaging Engineer. Implement innovative packaging solutions for new and existing products encompassing all modes of transport. Manage packaging materials and design with emphasis on quality management. Work with suppliers to make sure designs are optimized for manufacturing. Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Responsible for the design and implementation of packaging systems and processes.
- Produce plans for every part of packaging process.
- Communicate with suppliers/customers and act as interdepartmental liaison.
- 3+ years of experience with automotive, industrial, or military spec packaging
- BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Familiar with related engineering software (AutoCAD, CAD/CAM, Corel, Creo, Pro-E, Solidworks).
- Demonstrated cost reduction and continuous improvement experience
- Familiar with packaging testing methods.
- Knowledge of international packaging requirements a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package included.
- Available for permanent employment within six to twelve months
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.