Contract position: Electrical Engineer needed in Round lake IL. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months, could be longer based on performance, possible temp to hire. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Contribute to the generation of design inputs specifications.
- Design and develop complex electrical circuits and assemblies and select components for new medical device product development.
- Identify creative solutions to complex electrical problems and define and execute plans to rapidly assess and optimize designs.
- Use appropriate analytical methods to assess designs such as stress analysis, timing analysis, worst-case analysis, circuit simulation and other common electrical engineering methods.
- Operate independently, with latitude for independent judgment with some supervision while providing high quality output.
- Create device hardware specifications based on customer / user requirements
- Develop relevant fixtures, gauges and equipment used in device manufacturing and test processes
- 3+ years of experience in design and implementation of circuits and PCB assemblies.
- Soldering experience required
- Experience developing electromechanical products and creating design documentation per FDA and ISO medical device product development process requirements.
- Familiarity with medical device industry practices (GDP, design verification, etc)
- Experience developing circuit schematics using Altium, or equivalent.
- Experience creating PCBA layouts to meet ISO standards (e.g. radiation, immunity) is preferred, but not required.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.