Permanent position: Metallurgist (Entry Level), Crawfordville, IN - fortune 200 company. The role of the Metallurgist (entry level) consists of, but is not limited to, participating in safety and housekeeping efforts, helping with process and product development, leading quality improvement efforts, leading training efforts, conducting data analysis for problem solving, and working closely with operation and maintenance teams to ensure continual improvement. Relocation assistance available.Responsibilities for the Metallurgical Engineer
Requirements for the Metallurgical Engineer
- This Position will review mill routing for orders and disposition coils based on customer requirements. The intent is to develop an understanding of these requirements by rotating through the production and sales processes.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- 4 year degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- Previous internships or co-ops in the steel industry is preferred
- Experience/projects at the university related to steel
- Full time role, Excellent benefits, relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.