Permanent position: Quality Manager and CI Manager, Granite City, IL - Reporting to the General Manager, the Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products utilized in Coke Operations by performing the following duties. Local candidates preferred but may relocate for the ideal candidate. Responsibilities for the Quality Manager
Requirements for the Quality Manager
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration of daily inbound coal deliveries to assure the quality of coal blend delivered to plant provides optimal coke quality, coordinating efforts with other resources as required.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Utilizes statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes; adjusting processes accordingly to optimize coke quality.
- Evaluates raw material or components for quality compliance, recommending whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor
- Trains and coaches team members in efficient work procedures, safe work practices, and good housekeeping practices. Coaches and encourages development and growth of skills and abilities
- Utilizes statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes; adjusting processes accordingly to optimize quality.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering, Science, or a related field from four-year college or university;
- Experience in heavy manufacturing required. Paper, metals or mining would be ideal
- 5+ years experience in Quality Engineer, Manager or Process Engineering. Paper, mining, metals, or other heavy industry.
- Permanent role with excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.