Contract position: Quality Engineer needed immediately in the Montgomery, AL area for a growing organization. The Quality Engineer will work to improve existing procedures and processes within existing system and collaborate with team members to build new quality controls, tests, and verifications. The right person will have a great attitude, experience leading improvement projects, and the ability to design and implement control systems. Must have a BS degree in Engineering or other technical field along with MIN 4 years related experience. Apply now for immediate considerationResponsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Review contracts, drawings, purchase orders, work orders and various related production and development plans for quality requirements.
- Lead teams to investigate and identify the root cause of internal and customer issues
- Develop and execute plans for quality and control
- Support and instruct Quality Inspectors as needed
- Support quality goals and objectives along with activities to identify, explain, and resolve quality issues.
- BS degree in technical discipline along with 4+ years Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must have advanced knowledge and practical application of Problem Solving / Process Improvement analysis, tools, and techniques.
- Strong understanding of statistical process control and how to use data to drive decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs required.
- Knowledge of AX preferred and any experience with government standards is a plus!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.