Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Right of Way/Title Research Specialist to join their team. You will support electric utility transmission & distribution (T&D) line construction projects. You will be based out of Akron,OH and will travel regionally 20% of the time. Client is looking for candidates who are local to the Akron, OH area.Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Your day to day, main responsibilities will be focused on the real estate items like document control and document archive retrieval work to find real estate documents (easements, rail road documents, client documents, etc...)
- Learn the client's file management system so you can search their databases to find the same real estate documents
- You will also be the rail road permit coordinator, where you will receive these requests from your engineering group and then file and track to ensure the permits are granted
- Conduct your research by using databases at public facilities and on-line via the internet through Register of Deeds, GIS, Clerk of Court Records, Google, tax office, etc. and the client's archival system
- Prepare easement list for projects by doing the following: identify and secure property ownership information; obtain copies of existing easements, release/partial release of easements, subordinations, encroachment agreements, & deeds.
- Develop and manage landowner notification letters
- You need 5+ years of experience as a Right of Way (ROW) Specialist or Real Estate Title Research Specialist
- Must have solid researching & problem-solving skills and have the ability to perform research at courthouses
- You need to be able to examine titles as well as legal descriptions
- You must be familiar with public land records and how to research ownership as well as be familiar with numerous other land use issues
- The client prefers that you have an AS or BS Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.