Permanent position: Worldwide leader in the manufacture of automotive parts seeks a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER for its assembly operations located in FRANKFORT, KY. The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER will focus on stimulating manufacturing-related innovations designed while continually improving the company's competitive position as a low cost/high end supplier. IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Justify and purchase capital equipment/tooling to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
- Establish manufacturing process, tooling, fixtures, gages, equipment and resulting standard costs for the quotation of new business.
- Utilize value stream mapping to identify and eliminate waste as well as evaluate potential changes in workflow to maximize production efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or related field) with at least 2 years experience in heavy manufacturing (assembly/machining/stamping) operations.
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies and TPS based manufacturing.
- Lean manufacturing, CI experience highly desired
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, life insurance, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.