Permanent position: Property Management Company seeking a Director of Engineering to manage a growing Building Engineering team, currently at 15 employees and having responsibilities over 10+ commercial / mixed used residential properties, and approx. 2.25M square feet of space. This role will be based out of one of the office properties and the DOE will be expected to be highly visible at all the properties ensuring the Engineering Department is operating effectively and the team is being properly trained and developed. Responsibilities for the Director of Engineering
Requirements for the Director of Engineering
- Engineering Oversight: Hiring, training, supervising and deployment of all engineering staff. Periodic building inspections and documentation of findings. Establishment and enforcement of standard engineering procedures. Oversight of and responsibility for compliance with OSHA, building codes, fire codes and other public and life safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintenance of Occupancy Rates: Education of all engineers on the value of public relations skills. Initiating and communicating in conjunction with property managers with respect to any delays in repairs, unscheduled access to tenant spaces and utility outages. Periodic visits to tenants to inquire about services and systems.
- Capital Planning and Projects: Implementation of purchasing and contracting plan to ensure cost savings across the portfolio. Recommendations and justifications for the five year capital plan portions of each property overall business plan. Coordination and implementation (under supervision of the head of property management) of capital projects such as roof replacements, garage repairs, HVAC upgrades, etc. Roll to include determining scope of work, coordination with applicable engineers, and attendance as required at pre-bid, construction and final walk through meetings. Review all bids for compliance with scope, plans and specifications prior to award. Coordination and implementation (under supervision of the head of asset management) of tenant improvements from onset of space planning through occupancy. Input during annual budget preparation regarding special capital and other projects to provide information that will allow for allocation of funds for preventative engineering maintenance.
- Acquisition-related Responsibilities: Review of all building related plans, reports and actual physical inspections of properties proposed for acquisition including authoring a report with recommendations independent of any third-party property assessment report. Participation in transitions of newly acquired properties as well as dispositions. Interacting and provide assistance to Development Team as may be required.
- BS in Engineering or the like
- 10+ years in Building Engineering or Facilities
- Significant experience with Commercial buildings, apartments, condos, etc...
- Leadership experience; hiring, training, developing Building Engineers and managing a team and all the responsibilities associated with a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Significant local travel to the portfolio of properties.
- Strong benefits, compensation and bonus structure.
- 10-20% bonus eligibility for this role. `
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.