Permanent position: Immediate need for a Construction Manager working in a consulting environment managing renovations and new builds, along with general contractors and sub-contractors on the project. This person should be located in the DC area and will be on one site for a couple years to start, being moved to new projects in the area after that. Having an General Contracting, Construction Management or Project Management background or working for a Construction Management Consulting or Service provider will be highly consider. And, this person should have a commercial building and/or mulit-use residential project background. (condos, apartments, office space, mixed used space hotels, etc...)Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- This position is responsible for oversight of construction projects within assigned region, including planning, approval and execution of construction. Works hand-in-hand with Development and Investment teams, Development Partners, Asset Managers, Operations, Design Team and General Contractors to assure Company's equity investment in long-term, hold oriented design decisions are executed and construction issues resolved appropriately.
- Responsible for all construction operations including overall budgeting, cost control, schedules, construction techniques, product quality and management of the design consultants for the region.
- Evaluates, manages and oversees development projects, from design through final project completion, on a regional basis.
- Effectively partners with external and internal Developers to design, value engineer, attain project consultants, draft RFPs, and negotiate contracts to meet timely delivery of the project.
- Initiates and maintains effective communication with management personnel in departments that have impact on, or are impacted by, the projects throughout the construction process.
- Directs the project design and obtains approvals, as necessary, of all product and materials. Ensures timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigates cause/effect and assesses key factors.
- Implements appropriate and adequate action plans to resolve with minimal interruption to schedule.
- Completes and analyzes critical path schedules, with assistance of the contractor when appropriate.
- Receives and analyzes all progress reports, costs, payment schedules, and all reports of the developer. Conducts conferences with key development personnel and consultants on the construction progress and enacts necessary changes.
- Bachelor's in Construction Management, Engineering, Real Estate, Business, Building Technology etc...
- 5+ years of Project Management or Construction Management on complex urban, mid and high rise buildings, and/or commercial / residential construction projects.
- Ideal computer proficiencies (Outlook, Bluebeam / Adobe, Word, Excel ; Primavera and/or Sure Track)
- Valid driver's license and good driving record along with auto insurance required. Some travel within assigned regional required. Potential for brief international travel on select projects (i.e. for manufacturing inspections).
- Highly competitive compensation + bonus plan (10-20k in bonus) along with benefits, 401k, paid holiday / vacation / sick days, insurance etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.