Permanent position: Automotive OEM supplier near Georgetown, KY is seeking a Mechanical Designer that will focus on the design and development of specialized capital equipment. Conveyor system design experience would be a PLUS. Relocation/mobilization funds available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design and develop specialized/custom production equipment for Automotive customers
- Provide manufacturing automation; labor and manpower saving design as well as supporting manufacturing logistics
- Converse with customers to determine equipment/machinery needs withing their production facility
- Provide technical support after project completion and delivery
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering highly preferred; A.S. degree or design certification with significant relevant design experience will be considered.
- 3D modeling experience; Solidworks highly preferred.
- Experience designing/development specialized production or capital equipment; Industrial conveyors, Manufacturing equipment, Production Equipment, etc.
- Experience working for an Automotive OEM or Supplier is Preferred
- 100% paid benefits by the company
- 401k with company match
- mobilization/relocation funds provided for qualified candidates
- Performance reviews with salary incentives in addition to yearly bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.