Permanent position: Automotive OEM supplier near Georgetown, KY is seeking a Mechanical Designer that will focus on the design and development of specialized capital equipment. Strong experience with Solidworks is necessary. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design and develop specialized/custom production equipment for Automotive customers using Solidworks software
- Provide manufacturing automation; labor and manpower saving design as well as supporting manufacturing logistics
- Converse with customers to determine equipment/machinery needs withing their production facility
- Provide technical support after project completion and delivery
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or A.S. degree/ design certification with significant relevant design experience will be considered.
- 3D modeling experience; Solidworks
- Experience designing/development specialized production or capital equipment; Industrial conveyors, Manufacturing equipment, Production Equipment is a plus.
- Experience working for an Automotive OEM or Supplier is Preferred
- 100% paid benefits by the company
- 401k with company match
- Performance reviews with salary incentives in addition to yearly bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.