Permanent position: Technical Buyer at a highly regarded Electrical manufacturing facility located just East of St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible to manage assigned commodities and supply base to ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules. To be considered - B.S. Degree is required and at least two (2) years of experience purchasing mechanical, electrical or electronic components within a manufacturing company (Experience purchasing PCB components is ideal). This is a direct hire opportunity with the option for relocation assistance for regional based candidates. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Review assigned commodities for material budget
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Negotiate contracts to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage supply base to meet corporate objectives to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste
- Maintain database to ensure data is correct for components and supplier information.
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules
- Coordinate and negotiate all issues related to supplier quality, delivery, cost, turns, and multiple sourcing.
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Technical degree is preferred)
- Must have experience purchasing mechanical or electrical components
- Two or more years experience as a Buyer - preferably in manufacturing
- Must have contract negotiation experience with suppliers
- Experience in MRP systems
- Full benefits package
- Excellent growth and development potential
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.