Permanent position: Product Development Manager opportunity with a manufacturing client located in the Des Plaines, IL area. Managing a small team of Engineers and a Designer this position will be responsible for the full life cycle development of all new products. This position is bonus eligible.Responsibilities for the Product Manager
Requirements for the Product Manager
- Lead the Product Development engineering function from a clean sheet of paper through manufacturing
- Establish budget and timeline for engineering projects in conjunction with the project lead
- Reviews status of engineering projects and adjusts resources as necessary
- Assist engineers in project budget development and oversee progress through the project
- Evaluate competitive products and investigate new materials and technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering ( Mechanical preferred )
- Approximately 8 years of progressive experience as a design or project engineer
- Experience managing a project from concept through launch including responsibility for timing and cost
- Understanding of basic financial calculations - ROI, NPV, payback analysis, etc.
- Pro Engineer, Windchill, SAP, Outlook, and Microsoft Office software experience (CAD system administration is a plus)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to keep a project on track and constructively push things along with the team as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.