Permanent position: Component Repair Development Engineer needed in the Hauppauge, NY area. The Component Repair Development Engineer will be responsible for investigating existing hardware and alternate parts to develop repair procedures and specifications. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Component Engineer
Requirements for the Component Engineer
- Investigate mechanical aircraft systems, mechanisms, and components in terms of function, failure modes, and operating conditions.
- Evaluate parts and assemblies using failed in-service equipment to determine repair feasibility.
- Conduct and prepare detailed dimensional and electrical analysis of sample parts to support development of new repair.
- Create CAD models and production drawings using ANSI/ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5 years repair experience in the aerospace industry.
- Hands-on experience is preferred along with a working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to FAR Part 145 Repair Stations.
- Experience with aircraft components and systems is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and MS Office applications.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.