Contract position: An Electrical Design Engineer is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare and lighting in the Gainesville, FL area. This position will designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for RF coils and related electronic equipment and other hardware systems.Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Formulate initial design approach and defend proposed designs in a design review process.
- Model proposed designs using various software tools, including NEC, PSPICE, Fast Henry, or internally developed modeling tools.
- Build clinical prototypes and prove feasibility, functionality and image superiority over competitive coils, ensuring customer feedback is recorded and incorporated into the design and feasibly executed.
- Work with mechanical engineering to ensure an adequate mechanical housing is created. Assist in documenting the development of the project.
- BA/BS in electrical or biomedical engineering or electronics. Master's degree in similar fields with concentration in RF electronics highly preferred.
- Excellent familiarity with simulation software like PSPICE and some field plotting simulators.
- Knowledge in RF radiation, microwave and/or antennas or analog electronics is required.
- 10 or more years of experience in related fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.