Permanent position: Fortune 500 compnay has an immediate need in Detroit MI for a Overhead Standards Engineer. Responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. This is a perm position that offers relocation. Excellent Company Benefits. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Provide technical expertise to develop standards documentation, review current state of the industry and collaborate with other standards engineers. Typical work would include calculations, standards compliance and standardized layouts
- Provide solutions and recommendations to support the overhead electric system and develop standards for engineering and design areas of the company related to Overhead assets and facilities (from 120V to 345kV).
- Develop new standards for emerging Overhead technologies.
- Expertise in overhead electric distribution system construction standards including legacy construction and mitigation methods such as cross-arm to armless construction and voltage conversions.
- Develop and validate standards to meet NESC/ NEC requirements
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, BSEE preferred and a minimum of 4 years of job relevant experience
- Overhead Standards and design experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- PE preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.