Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Controls Engineer / Electrical Engineer in the Troy, MI area. This person will engineer / design and integrate automated control system in plant production lines, utilizing both process controls and discrete motion technology. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Control panel design, specification and sizing of all required components, selection and sizing of enclosures (Inc. heat load calculations), mark ups to existing drawing sets for CAD detailing
- Design, development and testing of PLC and HMI based logic.-
- Develop bid specification for field installation, panel build, and equipment purchases, startup and commissioning, on site testing and validation of new and retrofitted controls systems, debug of electrical wiring issues, system check out of all I/O, alarms/faults and modes of operations
- Development of technical documentation (i.e. O&M manuals, network diagrams, etc.), operator training, enforce safe work practices as the highest priority & adheres to objectives for ergonomics, health/safety & housekeeping
- Familiarity with NEC, NFPA 79, NFPA70E and any applicable electrical design standards.
- Electrical Engineering Degree / BSEE / MSEE
- Minimum of 2-3 years with PLC and HMI programming, commissioning and troubleshooting. (ideally across multiple brands. ex. Allen-Bradley / Rockwell, Omron, Toyopuc, Mitsubishi etc)
- AutoCAD and schematic design experience (using, understanding, and documenting schematics and design notes.)
- Experience with programming and engineering of Ovens, Air Supply Houses, Pretreatment and E-Coat Systems preferred.
- Experience setting up and configuring VFDs preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Full benefits, paid time off, holiday, 401k etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.