Permanent position: Privately held HVAC Solutions provider in the Metro Detroit area is currently in search for a Sr Sales Engineer to join their growing organization. The Sr Sales Engineer will be responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to primary decision makers with owners, contractors and consultants responsible for new construction and renovated buildings. The Sr Sales Engineer will build and manager long term customer relations and partnerships and target mechanical contractors and construction management firms. The Sr Sales Engineer should have experience providing technical solutions to customers business and operations needs as well as demonstrating applicable technical knowledge. Responsibilities for the Sales Engineer
Requirements for the Sales Engineer
- Sells, with minimal supervision persistently and confidently to buildingowners while reaching optimal profit levels.
- Focuses on the design of new construction and renovation ofexisting buildings.
- Manages multiple, ongoing projects, particularly focusing on selling HVAC equipment and systems.
- Builds partnering relationships with contractors and consultants responsible for decision making to drive the system sales
- Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language.
- Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple contractors and consultants. Develops network of contacts. Observes checkpoints in the sales process that are buyer-driven such as bid documents.
- Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Positively and credibly influence systems design and construction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, represents and communicates bids. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated and closes the sale.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively.
- Manages the high activity of the sales pipeline with a focus on bid documents, bid date, close of sale date.
- Leads the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
- Complete the sales process by ensuring total customer satisfaction at completion of project.
- Three to five years experience within the HVAC Industry
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial preferred).
- MBA and/or progressive field sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Industry leading commission plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.