Permanent position: Our client is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team in the Northern suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Engineering Manager will be responsible to build, lead, and improve an engineering organization which is responsible to design, develop, validate, improve and/or support products, systems or applications. The Engineering manager is responsible for leading a team of engineers, analysts and technical experts in a client specific environment. This is a direct hire position, some travel is required and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Drive robust design culture through continuous systematic improvements.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and improving design standards that result in high quality and compliant products.
- Conceives and implements continuous improvement initiatives in his or her group to improve product development velocity and cost efficiency.
- Supports CAC, the root cause determination and/or corrective action of current or NPI quality issues (escapes, NCR's, etc.) where design support is required (ECR's, Analysis, Test) and drives lessons learned into future designs.
- Develops budget to support profit planning activities and manages within the approved budget constraints to support achievement of the company's profitability objectives.
- Utilizes his or her group as well as the full extended enterprise to improve the customer-perceived value of products through the use of structured and best practice methods (risk analysis, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Lean, dimensional analysis, formal problem solving, DOE, Taguchi, etc.).
- Possesses and provides technical product expertise to the extended enterprise (Suppliers, CoE, Customers, Sales & Marketing, and other divisions) as required to support the growth of the business.
- Assigns resources as required to IPT's or other requirements as needed.
- Looks for and drives new proven technologies and concepts into current design practices in an effort to provide design solutions that are significantly more competitive.
- 4 year technical/science degree or International equivalent is required.
- Masters, PhD or International equivalent preferred.
- Greenbelt or Blackbelt experience preferred.
- Champions training required within 1 year.
- Must posses 8-12 years of engineering experience in an identical or closely related field.
- Proven track record growing, leading and managing a team to high performance standards.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Lean and/or continuous improvement preferred.
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.