Contract position: Senior Component Engineer needed for immediate contract position in the Chelmsford, MA area. This person is needed to influence and guide engineering teams in the early phases of product concept to align with business requirements. The right candidate will develop component road-maps, drive component selection and road-map alignment as well as identify alternate component sources to mitigate risk, reduce cost and or improve quality. Should have BSEE along with 5 years of relevant experience. Strong chance of direct employment conversion for the right individual Apply right away for immediate consideration.Responsibilities for the Electronic Engineer
Requirements for the Electronic Engineer
- Support Component Engineering initiatives, such as product improvements, obsolescence, GIDEP, etc
- Assist in selection, evaluation, and approval of new components selected for product designs
- Participate in Design Reviews to influence component selection decisions
- Review and approve component related documentation, including SCDs, SOWs, etc.
- BSEE along with 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of electronic component manufacturing practices, processes, & quality requirements as well as industry trends counterfeit detection and obsolescence
- Knowledge of military, aerospace, and environmental specification and requirements
- Familiarity with REACh, RoHS and similar worldwide environmental regulations
- Familiarity with global trade requirements
- Must have ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance as well as have top notch verbal/written communication and presentation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.