Contract position: We are searching for a Buyer in Windsor, CT to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Leverage/utilize the company's strategic suppliers to reduce current vendor base.
- Manage and respond to MRP requirements in a timely way, maximizing the supply base for delivery, cost and quality.
- With direction from Supply Chain colleagues, identify timely sources for components required by production plans. Problem solve in collaborative way with suppliers.
- Summarize Open Order reporting from suppliers to identify potential risks to production schedules.
- Run SAP reports, as needed for Supply Chain team, including Logistics.
- Associates degree or completion of certificate program from an accredited institution; or working toward equivalent credential
- At least one (1) year experience in supply chain management, purchasing, inventory management is preferred
- Exposure to concepts of Production Planning / Material Planning, Inventory management.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.