Permanent position: Product Engineering Manager is needed for a Medical Device Manufacturer in Des Moines, IA. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of full-cycle product design experience and at least 2 years managing or in a leadership position. Please apply if you meet the minimum requirements. This position will be a working manager, oversight of a small team, but also have the ability to work projects. Responsibilities for the Product Manager
Requirements for the Product Manager
- Overseeing a team of Product Engineers
- Product development, sourcing, manufacturability, cost feasibility
- Managing all aspects of product structure and design from initial planning to product release for medical devices
- Ensure documentation and quality standards are met - ISO 13485 and FDA Title 21 Part 201 & 211 & 820 (QSR)
- Develop business relationships with existing and potential customers to develop and/or expand product lines.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years professional engineering experience, with at least 1 year of ISO/Quality focused product development
- Supervisory or Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing presentations to customers, clients or groups.
- Problem solving skills and analytical ability to solve problems, interpret information and create reports using ERP.
- ISO 13485 and FDA experience are a huge plus.
- Medical, Dental Vision, 401k, PTO
- Relocation assistance is available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.