Contract position: EPC client is looking for a Senior Supplier Quality Specialist to be based out of Kansas City, MO to perform Review of Supplier Submittals related to Special Processes such as Welding, Heat Treatment, Nondestructive Examination (NDE). You need 8-20+ years of quality control experience working on power generation or oil & gas plant EPC projects either for an EPC or heavy industrial equipment company. This is a long term contract opportunity Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Support the company's programs for ensuring supplier quality and performance meet company, industry & EPC project standards
- Developing project plans for supplier surveillance and expediting
- Preparing project budget estimates and monitoring project expenditures.
- Performing selected shop visits.
- Provide input for establishment of ITP's & Inspection levels
- 8-20+ years of Quality Control experience working on power plant or process plant EPC projects and/or a related heavy industrial equipment manufacturer
- Must have 5+ years of experience with welding and materials inspection on large construction projects
- Must have 3+ years of experience working for or with an EPC contractor
- Must have a working knowledge of pressure vessels, heat exchanges, piping, heater tubes, and pumps typically used in the Oil, Gas, and Chemical industry.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector Certification is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of governing codes, welding processes typically used in steel manufacturing, heat treating, shop fabrication methods, and both ferrous/nonferrous materials is required. Must have a working knowledge of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, piping, heater tubes, and pumps typically used in the Oil, Gas, and Chemical industry.
- PTO Program
- Health care and more available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.