Permanent position: World leader in the manufacture of commercial refrigeration and kitchen equipment seeks a SR. DESIGN ENGINEER for it's facility located in VICKSBURG, MS. The SR. DESIGN ENGINEER will conduct product design and perform engineering development and testing work, either individually or as part of a team, and must have design experience in either PRO-E or SOLIDWORKS. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Create concept and design layouts of complex products or particular systems within a product
- Develop and implement design changes in support of internal cost down initiatives
- Develop and maintain work schedules on assigned projects
- Create and check new drawings and update existing drawings for form, fit, and function.
- Provide design support and analysis for issues arising in manufacturing, purchasing, quality control, and the field
- B.S. degree with a concentration in Engineering or related field and 5+ years related experience or equivalent experience as a Designer
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the design of food service equipment (hot or cold).
- Demonstrated experience in 2D / 3D CAD design, with either SolidWorks or Pro-Engineer software
- previous exposure to food service equipment industry highly desired
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.