Permanent position: Our client is looking to add a Sales Applications Engineer to their team in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Sales Applications Engineer will be responsible for the direct interaction with the customer with the purpose of growing the business by identifying their needs and developing proposals on engineering adaptations of our client's products for purchase. This is a direct hire opportunity, travel will be involved and it can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Engineering and others in executing the company's Engineering and Sales Support strategy through technical support of selling engineered fastening solutions into five major industries: energy, automotive, agriculture, capital goods, and transportation.
- Together with inside sales, works to establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers, planning and organization sales calls.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating value of product proposals, cost savings and operational improvements to win business.
- Provide technical support solutions to our customers through all deployed channels, including Regional Sales and Key Account Managers, Third Party Sales Agents, Distributors, Wholesalers and OEMs.
- Maintain strong engineering policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Design and deliver projects to budgets and timelines using tools such as success criteria, milestones, Gantt charts, critical paths, etc.
- Manage project/product development from beginning to end including the scoping, design, execution and optimization of customer processes and reporting progress to the customer care organization.
- Manage new business opportunities involving quoting, product specifications, internal and external part drawings, building the bill of materials, determining equipment needs, scope of work, cost estimates and customer schedules.
- Assist Quality with APQP process, FMEA studies and control plans while managing the engineering change process.
- Visit customers to secure new business or resolve issues, help manage the supplier base, project manage high priority tasks through the toll gate process.
- Educational requirements: 4-year engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Language: English, fluent and well-spoken with excellent technical writing skills.
- Previous technical sales experience with strong problem solving skills, an understanding of selling to customer needs, and solid presentation skills.
- Previous fastener experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills which include: MS-Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ERP systems.
- Strong focus on 'Doing it right,' high passion, energy, drive, and intelligence.
- High levels of initiative and curiosity with a strong sense of urgency.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.