Permanent position: Fortune 500 company has an immediate need in Detroit MI for a Interconnection Engineering Specialist. You will be part of a dynamic transformation team that will position the power distribution system to support distributed generation that connects with cleaner energy sources like wind power, solar, and natural gas generation. This transformation will include storage, and electric vehicles. This is a perm position that offers relocation. Excellent Company Benefits. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Subject Matter Expert in Distributed Energy Resources, specifically utility integration of Distribution Generation and storage
- Review all interconnection study protection design, communication and controls including final approval of all 3rd party developer and contractor protection calculations, settings, configurations and methods.
- Develop internal technical standards on testing, commissioning and standardization of Distributed Energy Resources and Non-Wire Alternatives.
- Active participation in local and state requirements for interconnections, relevant Industry working groups and maintaining a high level of technical acumen on emerging technologies and their application, specifically participation and working knowledge in IEEE1547-2018 and related standards (e.g. 1547.1, IEEE 2030 series standards, ANSI (Associated Electric Systems Interface), IEEEE 519 Harmonics
- Communication skills are very important, act as an expert technical witness providing written and verbal testimony, whitepapers.
- Facilitate training and knowledge sharing of key interconnection and distributed resources topics and collaborate with other technical experts in the field to ensure industry best practices are being used.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience Other Qualifications
- Significant practical utility experience in integration of generation, protection, controls and interoperability at medium and high voltage
- Knowledge of PowerClerk, CYME, PSS/E, EPRI DRIVE, and Maximo
- PE license
- Detailed working knowledge of protection theory for Distributed Energy Resources and microgrids and understanding protocols, communications and interoperability of DER
- History of active participation in IEEE PES standards activities is a plus
- Technical expertise in utility power electronics including but not limited to, inverters and energy storage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.